Don’t settle for mediocre. Choose a shingle from one of the best brands in the business. Our line of asphalt shingles offers your home maximum protection with a variety of styles. We offer only the best products to help serve you the best we can. The top of the line brands we roof with includes CertainTeed, IKO, Malarkey, and Owens Corning.
Request a Free Estimate!
Brands We Use
Integrity is built from the bottom up. Lay-on-layer, only CertainTeed provides the peace of mind that comes with the best components performing together for peak efficiency. These components include:
- Weatherproof Underlayment: Waterproofing shingle underlayment prevents leaks from wind-driven rain and ice dams.
- Water-Resistant Underlayment: High-performance underlayment provides a water-resistant layer over the roof deck and a secondary barrier against leaks.
- Starter Shingles: Perfect starts every time and designed to work in tandem with the roof shingles above.
- Roof Shingles: Choose the best, covered by the strongest warranty in the business.
- Hip & Ridge Caps: Perfect finish for hip and ridgelines, complementing all CertainTeed shingles.
- Roof Ventilation: Engineered for ideal roof ventilation especially when matched with CertainTeed intake vents.
High-quality asphalt shingles are the first line of defense against the elements but they’re most effective when used in combination with other complimentary roofing products. IKO PRO4 Roofing Components are specifically engineered to work together as a high-performance, integrated roofing system. This system includes:
- Hip and ridge cap shingles: Protect the vulnerable areas of your roof while creating an impressive roofline for added visual appeal.
- Ice and water protectors: For increased resistance to potentially harmful water penetration.
- Starter strips: That not only guide installers to lay the first course of shingles correctly but provide extra resistance to wind uplift and blow-off.
- Synthetic underlayments: These are the last line of defense against water penetrating the roof deck and entering the home below.
Sustainably designed, high-performance roofing shingles. Malarkey uses rubberized asphalt technology, upcycled tires and plastic, and pollution-reducing granules. This system includes:
- Upcycled Tires and Plastics: Polymers from recycled rubber tires and plastic bottles improve shingle durability while reducing landfill waste. Each roof diverts 5 rubber tires and the equivalent of 350 plastic milk jugs from the landfill.
- NEX Polymer Modified Asphalt: Asphalt core of shingle is rubberized with virgin synthetic rubber polymer (SBS) to enhance shingle strength, flexibility, and resilience. Wind warranties from 110-130 mph and up to Class 4 impact resistance. Insurance discounts may apply.
- Polymer Modified Adhesion: Proprietary synthetic rubber adhesive (SEBS) resists dry-out and delivers extreme protection from high winds, wind-driven rain, and delamination. Up to 50% more adhesion bonds and twice the number of rain seals than standard shingles.
- 3M Smog Reducing Granules: TIME Top 50 Invention of 2018. Clean the air by reducing air pollution. Each roof has the smog-fighting potential of 2 or more trees.
- 3M Copper Granules: Reduce black streaks caused by algae growth. Up to Limited Lifetime algae warranty
- 3M Roofing Granules: Deeply embedded, ceramic-coated granules protect shingles from the aging effects of weather and UV sunlight. Up to 65% greater granules adhesion than the ASTM standard (D3462).
- Fiberglass Mat: Provides structural reinforcement, and combined with polymer modified asphalt, 10-35% greater tear strength than standard shingles as measured per the ASTM standard (D3463).
- The Zone Nailing Area: Up to 2x wider nailing and common bond area, with a tapered shim, helps ensure shingle is properly fastened (nails penetrate both shingle layers), lays flat, and effectively sheds water to help prevent troughing.
A system of highly engineered components, designed, built, and tested to deliver total protection under constantly changing conditions. It’s advanced science—for performance and beauty designed to last. This system includes:
- Ice & water barrier: Help protect the roof where water has a tendency to collect or flow, including valleys, eaves, chimneys, and skylights. It also helps prevent damage associated with shingle blow-off, wind-driven rain, and ice damming.
- Synthetic underlayment: Provides a water-shedding barrier under shingles for your roof’s last line of defense. It helps guard against damage from wind-driven rain.
- Starter shingles: Ensure a straight edge and effective seal along the eaves and rake—areas that are vulnerable to high winds.
- Shingles: Long-lasting protection and enhanced appearance for your roof’s first line of defense. Provide protection and curb appeal in a wide array of colors and styles.
- Hip & ridge shingles: Add extra protection and stylish dimension along with the hips and ridge—areas that are vulnerable to high winds. They are designed to match and complement Owens Corning shingles.
- Intake Ventilation: Proper ventilation helps create a balanced flow where warm, humid air is continually replaced by cool, dry air.
- Exhaust Ventilation: Helps manage attic temperature and humidity to help protect the interior components of your roof from heat and moisture damage and reduce the likelihood of problems such as ice damming.
- Blow-in Insulation: Creates a buffer between the comfortable air inside the living area and extreme heat or cold outside.
Other Roofing Services
The appearance of a natural wood roof is hard to beat, especially if you are going for a traditional look. Along with the natural beauty, Cedar shakes and shingles are proven to have a high impact resistance rating and have been tested to withstand high wind speeds.
Stone Coated Steel
Whether you want the look of a shingle, clay tile, cedar shake, or a slate roof, you will be able to select a style that will enhance the beauty and increase the efficiency of your home. Your steel roof will look beautiful and require little to no maintenance for decades to come.
These roofs are durable, have longevity, provide resistance from the elements, are energy efficient, increase the resale value on your home, and come in a variety of colors to complement what your home already has. Metal roofs are becoming more and more popular.
CeDUR is a polyurethane roofing product, leading in simulated wood roofing products that ensures long term durability and superior value. Developed to withstand nature’s harsh elements and UV conditions while showing the elegance of a natural wood roof.
Need a Roof Repair or Roof Replacement?
This is the question that homeowners often face when it comes to roofing problems. While repairs can extend the life of your roof, they’ll only take you so far. Here are some tips and things to think about when you are giving your roof a self-evaluation. This will help give you an idea if you should get a roof repair or a roof replacement. Your roof is the first line of defense against the elements, which is why you need a healthy roof.
When was the last time your roof was evaluated?
Signs of damage usually start small, but when ignored for a long period of time, serious structural damage to your property can occur. If you do not know the last time you had a professional contractor inspect your roof, we suggest you have someone at Woods Roofing come to your home or business to give you a free estimate and inspection for your new roof! We will be able to determine if there is storm damage or natural wear and tear to your roof that makes it vulnerable to South Dakota weather conditions. Hail, high winds, heavy rain, snow, and other elements from Mother Nature are all things that can cause damage to your roof such as granule loss, shingle bruising, lifted or blown-off shingles, leaky roofs, and damaged gutters to name a few.
If you do not want to have someone come out to evaluate and inspect your roof for you, you can do it yourself with a few simple questions: Roof Evaluation Guide.