Owens Corning Shingles
A system of highly engineered components, designed, built, and tested to deliver total protection under constantly changing conditions. It’s advanced science—for performance and beauty designed to last. This system includes:
- Ice & water barrier: Help protect the roof where water has a tendency to collect or flow, including valleys, eaves, chimneys, and skylights. It also helps prevent damage associated with shingle blow-off, wind-driven rain, and ice damming.
- Synthetic underlayment: Provides a water-shedding barrier under shingles for your roof’s last line of defense. It helps guard against damage from wind-driven rain.
- Starter shingles: Ensure a straight edge and effective seal along the eaves and rake—areas that are vulnerable to high winds.
- Shingles: Long-lasting protection and enhanced appearance for your roof’s first line of defense. Provide protection and curb appeal in a wide array of colors and styles.
- Hip & ridge shingles: Add extra protection and stylish dimension along with the hips and ridge—areas that are vulnerable to high winds. They are designed to match and complement Owens Corning shingles.
- Intake Ventilation: Proper ventilation helps create a balanced flow where warm, humid air is continually replaced by cool, dry air.
- Exhaust Ventilation: Helps manage attic temperature and humidity to help protect the interior components of your roof from heat and moisture damage and reduce the likelihood of problems such as ice damming.
- Blow-in Insulation: Creates a buffer between the comfortable air inside the living area and extreme heat or cold outside.
Oak Ridge laminated shingles provide premium protection and an impressive curb appeal. A full double layer in the nailing zone gives Oak Ridge Shingles greater integrity and better holding power compared to shingles with a single layer wide nailing zone. We proved it in testing and the warming, inviting look in popular colors provides a step up from traditional three-tab shingles.
Duration FLEX shingles are more flexible than standard shingles, for enhanced durability and performance in all environmental conditions, including storms and cold weather installation. They are the only SBS modified polymer shingle that also comes with the advanced performance of patented SureNail Technology for added confidence in windy conditions.
- Patented SureNail Technology for exceptional wind resistance
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 130mph Wind Resistance Limited Warranty
- StreakGuard Protection with 10-year Algae Resistance Limited Warranty
Help Protect with the Power of Flex
Made with a proprietary blend of SBS polymer modified asphalt, the rubberizing effect of the unique asphalt blend makes the shingles pliable and gives them greater flexibility than standard shingles. The result is a premium architectural asphalt shingle with enhanced durability and toughness, especially under intense storm conditions, to help deliver lasting protection to your home.
- Feature SureNail Technology which gives a 42% better nail-pull resistance against the wind versus standard shingles
- Has built-in flexibility to help resist cracking and tearing, in all-weather installation conditions – over 10% stronger tear strength than traditional shingles.
- Lays flat faster than standard shingles
- Offer rubber-like flexibility to withstand expansion and contraction stresses and helps minimize loss of granules which help to protect the shingle against UV.
- Help absorb the energy of the impact of hail or storm debris; have the highest impact rating possible, UL 2218 Class 4, and may qualify for a homeowner insurance discount.*
Other Shingle Brands
Integrity is built from the bottom up. Lay-on-layer, only CertainTeed provides the peace of mind that comes with the best components performing together for peak efficiency.
High-quality asphalt shingles are the first line of defense against the elements and are most effective when used in combination with the complete IKO roofing system.
Sustainably designed, high-performance roofing shingles. Malarkey uses rubberized asphalt technology, upcycled tires and plastic, and pollution-reducing granules.
When was the last time your roof was evaluated?
Signs of damage usually start small, but when ignored for a long period of time, serious structural damage to your property can occur. If you do not know the last time you had a professional contractor inspect your roof, we suggest you have someone at Woods Roofing come to your home or business to give you a free estimate and inspection for your new roof! We will be able to determine if there is storm damage or natural wear and tear to your roof that makes it vulnerable to South Dakota weather conditions. Hail, high winds, heavy rain, snow, and other elements from Mother Nature are all things that can cause damage to your roof such as granule loss, shingle bruising, lifted or blown-off shingles, leaky roofs, and damaged gutters to name a few.
If you do not want to have someone come out to evaluate and inspect your roof for you, you can do it yourself by downloading our Roof Evaluation Download.